At Namami Ganges, Nature is what inspires everything, from the décor to products & services offered to our core company values. Our commitment to preserving the environment and to care for the world we live is expressed in all elements of our guest experience, and beyond into the local community
Nature inspires our décor
The climate, exotic flowers, palms and trees in the gardens, the proximity to the crystalline waters of the River Ganga, the white sandy beaches, marine life and dune vegetation surrounding our sanctuary – all influence our décor and ambiance. Natural products are used wherever possible, and many furnishings feature patterns and colors inspired by the environment surrounding the property
Nature inspires our cuisine
Restaurant & Lounge’s natural gourmet cuisine follows a farm-to-table philosophy, offering a seasonal selection of wholesome global cuisine with emphasis on premium local and sustainable ingredients. Working with local farmers and carefully selected purveyors., The Namami Ganges signature restaurant provides healthful and flavorful dishes made with locally sourced ingredients, sourced in a vibrant and distinguished style.
Nature inspires our spa
The hotel’s spa features holistic treatments and rituals set to deliver a highly personalized experience to pamper and relax with natural and botanically derived products. All products are made of pure flower and plant essences, largely organic and in tune with the environment as per core mission “care for the world we live in, from the products we make to the ways we give back to society”.
Nature inspires our values
A responsible corporate citizen, The Namami Ganges promotes Environmental Friendliness by its environmentally conscious initiatives like “Inspired by Nature Program” including reducing, re-using and recycling.
Green Practices 3 R's
We are commited to preserving the environment and caring for the world we live in. It was created to help Namami Ganges continue to elevate its status of a responsible corporate citizen in the Shivpuri Community.
Every day we strive to become greener, constantly reminding our team members to act with the environment in mind. The goal is to challenge the status quo to find greener solutions. This program is a work-in-progress, evolving and improving on a daily basis.
Below you will find a summary of environmental initiatives already in place at The Palms, as well as our future plans for continued green success.
Use of paper
- Documents are printed only when absolutely necessary
- nted memos are avoided where possible
- Guests and clients are given the option to have proposals and or finalized bills emailed
- Guests can choose if they really require an envelope for their final bill
- The HRIS system in the HR Department has created an automated process which simplifies paper processing
- All staff receive pay stubs, W-2, W-4 forms online and can submit any changes via computer
- Document retention system is designed so we can print less reports and store less paper. We are able to virtually print reports right into the system and distribute them via email. We are also able to create forms that can be filled out on the system and sent for electronic approval to people with an email address. This system will greatly reduce our paper and toner consumption at the hotel.
- Signature capture pads have been installed at the Front Desk reducing the need to print registration cards. The guest is able to view the registration card on the pad and then sign.
- In order to reduce significantly the number of catalogues and junk mail received, the hotel is subscribed to catalogchoice.org which eliminates the amount of junk mail received.
- To reduce the use of hand paper towels, high efficiency air dryers have been installed in some public bathrooms
- We are working on reducing the number of BEO’s printed and looking for paperless alternatives for some departments
- An e-reader is being tested to replace the printed in house guest list and events
Use of Energy
- KW consumption has been minimized by replacing incandescent lighting to compact fluorescent but mostly LED lighting through the entire hotel. Now we are replacing all fluorescent lights to LED’s in the back of the house which consume even less energy.
- Thermostats in offices, rooms, communal areas, spa and meetings rooms are set at 72 degrees in the Summer and 75 degrees in the Winter
- Energy management building automation system controls AC and lighting in many areas of the hotel already.
- Fans/heaters are turned off when leaving rooms/offices.
- All guestroom ceiling fans are high-efficiency Energy Star fans and are turned off in vacant rooms.
- All lights and most electronic equipment are turned off when staff leaves offices, guest rooms, meeting rooms, etc.
- Motion sensors have been added in store rooms, offices, stairwells, etc to switch off lights when no one present
- 45% of guestroom windows have been replaced with impact storefront fixed heat treated windows with grey tinted and laminated glass −
- The chillers will be serviced and retro fitted to make them more efficient
Use of water
- 1/3 of our toilets are eco-friendly toilets that use hand wash water to flush
- The rest of our toilets are water conserving toilets that only consume 1.28 GPF
- All our showerheads and faucets are low flow at 1.5 GPM
- Water consumption is reduced through our Linen and Towel re-use program
Approx. 3 gallons of water are conserved for each towel that is reused
Approx. 4 gallons of water are conserved for each sheet that is reused
- The hotel’s guestroom key system has been replaced with Salto Key System. Since the keys do not have a magnetic strip they are entirely reusable
- Paper is printed on both sides where possible
- Used paper is re-used for internal note taking
- Shredded paper is used to stuff boxes
- Envelopes and filing folders are re-used
- All staff drink-ware are reusable – currently no disposable plastic or Styrofoam is used in the staff cafeteria. Paper containers have been phased out and the hotel has provided all staff members with a reusable coffee/drink mugs for usage.
- Nail files and buffers in the spa are sanitized and re-used
- Spa sandals are sanitized and re-used
- Mildly used office material and toiletries are donated
- Mildly used towels and linens are given to employees or donated
- Guests can decide to re-use their towels and linens
- Dry-cleaning clothes hangers are given back to the dry-cleaning company and re-used
- Recycling bins are available in all rooms, outside areas, in the spa, offices and back-of-the-house areas
- All cardboard, plastic, paper and metal is recycled
- Batteries and fluorescent bulbs are on a special disposal program which does not go to a landfill
- All printer cartridges are recycled
- The hotel encourages all staff members to take the I recycle pledge